You may have thought that the language you speak at home would be all you'd need to communicate with your child. If only that were true...there's a whole other language that isn't entirely intuitive. To make it easier for you, below is a tool to help clarify the confusion. (Warning: to be a useful tool, we believe it needs to be authentic...which means that some terms may be offensive. As such, please be careful not to share this section with your child.)
BTW (yes, "by the way"), if you identify either an Instant Message phrase or a Tween Dictionary word, phrase or expression that isn't included, please share it with us below!
Picking up someone of the opposite sex.
1. To make fun of. 2. A method of solvent abuse in which a person sprays a solvent into a paper bag and then inhale and exhales into the bag.
leave, take off; "I'm gonna bail," means I'm leaving.
Leave or leave someone to fend for themselves.
Intoxicated, uses drugs.
baller or balla:
Someone with lots of money
1. To play basketball. 2. To come into lots of money and flaunt it.
Someone with a big ego.
Low quality, usually referring to marijuana.
A party, usually with lots of available women.
An adjective used to describe something exceptional, (example: "That party was bangin'.").
Lots of money, (example: "Let her pay, she's got bank.").
1. Awesome 2. Extreme
An imaginary mode of transportation. It is an explanation for getting home when a person is too drunk to remember what happened, (example: "I was so drunk last night, I must have taken the beer taxi home.").
Intoxicated, usually from both alcohol and marijuana.
A good looking girl. Term made popular by skaters and surfers.
Someone who is curious about being attracted to members of the same sex. Usually refers to girls.
As in "Ima grab a quick bio." Meaning, I'm going to take a break and tend to my biological needs, i.e., "gotta go to the bathroom."
1. To die. 2. To crash, fall or wipe out.
Copy, imitate or plagiarize.
Anything that sparkles or shines, usually jewelry.
Someone who is constantly wearing a Bluetooth, often with the goal of being perceived as cool.
A cigar filled with marijuana.
To have sex.
break your crayons:
Ruining someone's day or moment through a childish action.
Women or girlfriend
Attractive, in great physical shape, usually referring to someone of the opposite sex.
1. Used to describe something terrible or disgusting. 2. Nonsense, ridiculous or ludicrous.
Substandard or incorrect.
1. Ugly, usually referring to a women, (example: "I can't believe how busted your girlfriend is."). 2. Caught in a lie, (example: "You are so busted.").
Flattering remark meaning smooth or impressive.
1. Continually doing well at something. Original phrase was "I'm on a roll, so I must be butter". 2. Attractive women or girl, sweet like butter.